Microsoft Project 2003 Advanced
About the course
Project Management is a system for managing tasks, resources and costs efficiently in order to reach a predetermined goal.
Managing projects successfully is a matter of keeping scope, schedules, resources and costs in balance. Microsoft Project 2003 is a powerful tool that enables you to manage projects more effectively. This course takes you step by step through the advanced tasks of Microsoft Project 2003.
You’ll learn how to
- perform and create custom sorts
- define WBS code masks
- differentiate filter types
- apply default filters and create custom filters
- allocate material resources and view project costs
- add tasks to existing projects and add new tasks to existing baselines
- create an interim plan and view interim plan data
- change folder options and save project files in other formats
- display the 'Tracking Toolbar', use timephased fields and reschedule incomplete tasks
- understand the use of e-mail workgroups and assign tasks by e-mail
- update an existing task list and compose task progress requests
- create a consolidated project, insert and link subprojects into master projects and edit subproject information
- create interproject relationships
There are 16 modules in this course:
- Sorting and Grouping
- WBS and Outline Codes
- Material Resources and Baselines
- Modifying Projects
- Folder Options
- Tracking Progress
- Import/Export Maps
- Exporting from Project
- Importing to Project
- Working with Workgroups
- Communicating Project Updates
- File Routing and Notes
- Project Consolidation
- Working with Consolidated Files
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.