Today’s professional environment is a web of complex resources, deadlines and ambitions. Project management Skills are invaluable when able to synthetize wide-ranging tools and processes, ensuring projects are efficient,Flexible and effective.Become a smarter company by training your staff in key project-management skills and translate the complexity Of the modern professional environment into concrete success.
- Understand conceptions of project management and project life cycles.
- Defining your project (budget, risks, milestones) and identifying stakeholders and teams.
- Team management skills, such as leadership, communication and negotiation.
- How to 'close' a project, capture lessons learned and measure ROI.
- Individuals who are new to managing projects or have mid-level experience in project management.
- The course is also useful for experienced practitioners who may wish to incorporate aspects of lean project management into their 'toolkit'.
Section 1: Overview
- Unit 1.1 - Introduction
- Unit 1.2 - A Brief Discussion on Project Management and How it Began
- Unit 1.3 - The "Book Ends" of the Project Management Process
- Unit 1.4 - Various Project Management Frameworks / Life Cycles
- Unit 1.5 - Section Plenary
Section 2: Preparation
- Unit 2.1 - The High Level Organisation Structure of a Project
- Unit 2.2 - Project Definition
- Unit 2.3 - Initial Stakeholder Analysis
- Unit 2.4 - Section Plenary
Section 3: Planning
- Unit 3.1 - Management Processes - Adding Discipline without Bureaucracy
- Unit 3.2 - Developing a Project Schedule
- Unit 3.3 - Identifying and Assigning Project Resources
- Unit 3.4 - Section Plenary
Section 4: Performance
- Unit 4.1 - Project Team Management
- Unit 4.2 - Directing and Controlling Project Work
- Unit 4.3 - A Project Manager's Soft Skills
- Unit 4.4 - Section Plenary
Section 5: Closure
- Unit 5.1 - Deliverable Verification
- Unit 5.2 - Project / Phase Closure
- Unit 5.3 - Section & Course Plenary