ILX Group’s accredited P3O® Foundation online learning covers all aspects of the P3O® guidance. Using voice, animation and activities, the course takes approximately twelve hours to complete which is equivalent to a three day workshop.
The main body of the course consists of seven lessons which cover the principles, techniques and structure for implementing a Portfolio, Programme and Project Office, including a Centre of Excellence, through to the business case and planning for implementation.
- An exam simulator which results in exceptional pass rates
- Increased retention of learning
- Less time taken to learn
- Increased control and visibility of progress and achievement
- Reduced travel costs
- Accessible from any location
- Those requiring an understanding of Portfolio Management and the supporting environment for successful programmes and projects.
- Managers attempting to provide a structure for prioritisation and control of corporate organisational investments, particularly those using PRINCE2® and MSP®, although any methodology can be effectively improved using the P3O® model.
- There are no pre-requisites for studying this course or qualification other than an understanding of the project and programme environment.
- What a P3O® is and why it is relevant
- Who the P3O® guidance is aimed at
- The differences between Projects, Programmes, and Portfolio Management
P3O Services & Functions
- The objectives of each functional or service area
- Strategic Planning, Delivery Support and Centre of Excellence
- Assurance services, through gated reviews or audit
- P3O® governance
- Services and functions delivered through various design models
- What kind of model to deploy
- The reporting structure of a P3O model
- Critical success factors of a P3O structure
- Information Assurance for projects and programmes
How to operate a P3O®
- Portfolio prioritisation, Management Dashboards, Information Portals and Knowledge Management
- Some of the facilitated workshops a P3O may be asked to lead
- Business process swim-lane diagrams and the benefits they can bring
- How approaches can be tailored for different demands
P3O Roles & Responsibilities
- P3O® “Management & Generic” roles and those that are “functional”
- The purpose of each role, and be aware of some of the key responsibilities of each
- How the roles might be implemented within the various P3O® models
- Some of the key skills and competencies needed within a P3O®
Developing a P3O® Business Case, Why have a P3O® ?
- The benefits of a P3O® , and the capabilities of a P3O®
- The Principles for Extracting Value. A Value Matrix
- What performance improvements can be expected
How to implement or re-energise a P3O®
- A Blueprint for a programme of change, for a successful P3O®
- The lifecycle needed for P3O® implementation
- How to setup and run a Temporary Office structure
- A large bureaucratic organisation delivering health services to various government departments across Europe
- A medium sized organisation delivering hardware and software solutions to their broad customer base
- A small organisation delivering construction project management for their clients
P3O® Foundation Examination Technique
- How to approach the P3O® examination
P3O® Examination Simulator
- Featuring sample questions from the P3O® examination, using the correct timing and providing feedback for each question
- Additional free resources for implementing a P3O® , analysing
The P30® course on this page is offered by ILX ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited.
P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved